I found these cookies on Bakerella’s blog, but she uses five ingredients. I left out the crushed peanuts because I am not a huge fan of nuts. If you do not want to dip the cookies in chocolate, then it’s a three ingredient recipe. Lovely! Although, if you are looking to impress, the peanuts actually make the cookies very pretty as you can see from the photos on her blog.
These cookies turned out soft and delicious! And, the size of each cookie is so perfect. Instead of being a huge cookie, the portion is smaller so I don’t feel as guilty by eating one. Except, that these are so addicting I can’t just eat one…so maybe that’s defeating the purpose.
But, that doesn’t matter. I love these cookies, so I should have every right to indulge, right? On to the recipe!
Four-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (adapted from Bakerella)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove and roll mixture into 18 balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball by using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate and then dip into chopped peanuts. Repeat with other side.
- Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.