Winners Announced: This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our two winners:
Lindsay, who said: “I want to Win!! I am desperately seeking an alternative for a friend who is obsessed with “pop”.‘
Allison, who said “I would love to win this! I love trying new things:)” and also liked Cascal on Facebook.
Check your email, Lindsay and Allison, to claim your prize! Thank you to all who entered. Please come back for more recipes and giveaways!
Last year, while attending the Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco, I had the opportunity to hang out with other food blogging friends, sample amazing food and meet Tyler Florence. But, another highlight of my trip there was discovering a new favorite beverage, Cascal (the Crisp White flavor, to be exact).
I won’t forget it. My friends and I were leaving the Taste Pavilion event, and on our way out I snatched a bottle of this new natural soft drink, somehow missing it earlier in the day. I took one sip, stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to ask for another that I could drink later. It was that good and that refreshing.
Later, I tried to find this product in my local grocery stores, but had no luck. See, here in Mississippi, we don’t really have the cream of the crop grocery stores. I later found out that this beverage is on the shelves at Whole Foods Market, and right now we do not have that store (although I’m excited one will be opening next year!)
So you can imagine my delight when Cascal sent me a sampler pack of their drinks and offered to give this same package away to two of my readers. Yay! Although, I was tempted to ask if they would just send me both packages… heeheehee… I’m not quite that selfish, I guess. 😉
If you have a Whole Foods Market nearby, I highly recommend trying Cascal if you haven’t already. It has a complex, yet refreshingly light and bubbly taste. Cascal has no sugars other than those from fruit juice, it’s gluten- and caffeine-free, and has only 60-80 calories per can. Designed to appeal to various palates, Cascal is a refreshing stand-alone drink or a perfect complement to any meal.
Want to give it a try for free? Then leave a comment below telling so! Easy as that. I’ll pick not one, but TWO winners at random this Friday and announce it next week.
Official Giveaway Rules:
- To enter, leave a comment below telling me you want to win!
- Extra entry: Follow Cascal on Twitter (@CheersCascal) or Facebook, then come back and leave an extra comment that you did.
- Up to two entries allowed, by following the instructions in the first two bullet points.
- Contest starts Tuesday, 8/21/2012 and ends Friday, 8/24/2012 at 9:00PM CST.
- Two winners will be chosen randomly by a random number generator. Winners will be notified by email and announced at the beginning of this post the week of 8/27/2012.
- Prize must be claimed within 1 week after winner is announced, or another winner will be chosen.
- Contest open to US residents only, please. (Prizes can be shipped to US addresses only.)
- Giveaway is sponsored by Cascal, but opinions expressed are completely my own original love for the product.