WINNER ANNOUNCED: Congratulations to Donna in SC, who said, “I would love a cup of Green Mountain original ‘Donut Shop’ coffee to start my day. Being a one cup in the morning coffee drinker, this system would be perfect.” Please check your email, Donna, for instructions for claiming your prize! Thank you to all who entered! -Nikki
October is National FairTrade Month, which means we’re celebrating coffee farmers who can invest in their crops, their communities, and their future because they receive fair price for their beans. I’ve partnered with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. as part of their K-Cup Ambassador program to help spread the word of this compelling business model that offers better coffee for you, and a better life for farmers.
“Great Coffee, Good Vibes, Pass It On.” Green Mountain Coffee Roasters enlisted the support of musicians Grace Potter and Michael Franti to help spread the word about FairTrade. Grace visited Colombia and Michael visited Sumatra to they could see, first-hand, the difference that FairTrade makes in the lives of coffee farmers -and how it makes a difference in your cup. You can visit Facebook.com/GreenMountainCoffee to watch videos of their trips, and to enter a sweepstakes to win your own trip to Costa Rica, one of the many locations where Green Mountain Coffee FairTrade Certified coffee is grown.
Because Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was one of the very first roasters to offer FairTrade Certified coffee, we’re celebrating in a big way by offering Pennies on a Platter readers a chance to win a bright orange (perfect for the Fall!) Keurig Mini Plus Brewing System! Green Mountain Coffee brand now offers one of the largest selections of FairTrade Certified coffees in the country, and now also in K-Cup packs. In fact, if you win the brewing system, you will also be sent a box of FairTrade Certified Pumpkin Spice to break it in. 🙂
- Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite FairTrade Certified Green Mountain Coffee, or tell me which one you’d like to give a try. (Visit Green Mountain Coffee Roasters’ website to view their list of FairTrade varieties.)
- One extra entry for following Pennies on a Platter on Twitter. Leave a separate comment below telling me you do.
- Giveaway closes Sunday, October 21 at 11:00PM EST.
- One winner will be chosen randomly and announce at the beginning of this post sometime next week. Winner will also be notified by email.
- Winner will have one week to respond to their email and claim their prize. If not claimed by one week, winner will forfeit prize and a different winner will be chosen.
- Giveaway is sponsored by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
This month, and through November 5th, you also have an opportunity to try FairTrade Certified K-Cup packs from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters at a discount using promotional code GMCFTC8166 . FairTrade products are presently on sale, but with this promotional code, you can receive an additional 10% off all FairTrade Certified products at GreenMountainCoffee.com. Great deal!
Full Disclosure: I have been selected to partner with Green Mountain Coffee Family of Brands to serve as a K-Cup Ambassador and report on my first hand experiences of the Keurig brewer and a variety of K-Cup packs. In return, Green Mountain Coffee compensated me with a Keurig brewing system and monthly deliveries of K-Cup products. Although the products are supplied by Green Mountain Coffee, the views and opinions expressed are my own.