WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Thank you to all who entered the giveaway. The two winners are:
Anna, who said: “I would use for both – my sister sent me a cookie cookbook from Germany and all of the recipes use grams! I also would like to use it for nutrition/portion size as well! Great giveaway!“
Courtney, who said: “I’d use it for coffee beans and baking.”
Congratulations! Be sure to check your email for instructions on how to claim your prize!
After blogging about food for more than six years, I have learned many tips and tricks in the kitchen. In fact, some of these things I probably wouldn’t have picked up on if it wasn’t for reading other food blogs. The use of a kitchen scale is one of those.
A few years ago, I decided to buy a kitchen scale. After researching and reading reviews, I decided on the EatSmart Precision Pro Multifunction Digital Kitchen Scale. And, to this day, I know I made the right choice. It’s smaller size allows easy storage in my kitchen drawer, and the price was perfectly right.
When looking for a kitchen scale for an average home cook, you want it to have these certain features:
- Units in grams, ounces, kilograms, pounds
- Quick and accurate
- Tare feature, which keeps your scale clean!
- Auto-off function
- Grips so it doesn’t slide all over your counter
This scale has all of the above. If you are unfamiliar with what the “tare feature” means, it is simply eliminating the weight of the bowl. So, if you do not want to weigh your ingredients directly on the scale, either because you want to avoid a mess, or it just isn’t possible, then you can place a bowl on it, press the “Tare” button and the counter starts back at zero. Now it’s ready to weigh your ingredients without the weight of the bowl. Sweet!
I use my kitchen scale many times while I bake. I’ll sometimes weigh the portion of cookie dough balls to make sure they are all the same size for even baking, or I’ll weigh my pretzel bread dough for the same reason. The flour in the pretzel dough recipe is also weighed on my scale, along with many other things. And, the scale has held up very well over the years of use.
If you are a dieter or conscious about your calorie intake, then this scale is also perfect for you! It comes with an EatSmart Calorie Factors book to help you count calories and control your portions.
I’m so ecstatic that my friends at EatSmart are generous enough to offer TWO of my readers a free Precision Pro Kitchen Scale! See below for giveaway instructions.
- Two winners will receive an EatSmart Precision Pro Multifunction Digital Kitchen Scale
- Mandatory entry: To enter the giveaway, please leave a comment on this post telling me how you plan to use your scale most? For example, do you plan to use it for weighing ingredients for baking, or for calorie counting? Other reason? (If you are reading this in an email, you need to actually click over to the website and leave a comment. I can not accept email replies as entry.)
- Bonus entry #1: Follow @seededtable on Twitter and come back to leave a comment telling me you do (with your Twitter handle).
- Bonus entry #2: Follow @EatSmartScales on Twitter and come back to leave a comment telling me you do (with your Twitter handle).
- Bonus entry #3: Follow Seeded at the Table on Pinterest and come back to leave a comment telling me you do (with your Pinterest name).
- Up to 3 bonus entries allowed per person.
- Giveaway is open to US residents only.
- Giveaway closes Sunday, March 31st at 10PM EST.
- Winners will be chosen randomly by Random.org and announced at the top of this post shortly after the giveaway closes. Winners will also receive an email and must respond within 1 week of the date of the email or prize will be forfeited to another randomly chosen winner.
- Giveaway is sponsored by EatSmart.
Full Disclosure: I did not receive free product or compensation in return for this review. I simply love love love my kitchen scale and wanted the chance to share with my readers.