Look What We Made! – Baby News and Photos

KitchenAid newborn

Meet the new member of our family!  Simon Gregory arrived just over two weeks early on April 17th weighing in at 7lb 9oz.  (He’ll already be 2 weeks old tomorrow!)  Labor and Delivery was smooth  and quick!  For those of you who like to hear L&D stories, here’s a quick run-down of the event.  :)  Otherwise, skip to the paragraph after the next photo.

I had contractions through the night on Tuesday (early Wednesday morning), starting at 2:00 AM.  I thought it was just a repeat of the week before where I had contractions starting at 2AM and stopped at 5AM.  But, these didn’t stop.  They only became more frequent and a lot stronger.  By 4:00 AM I was in so much pain every 3-5 minutes, but I wanted to wait a little longer before heading to the hospital so I could let our friends sleep a little longer before dropping Judah off with them.  Oh, I’m so thoughtful. Ha!

By the time we checked in at the hospital, it was 6:30 AM and I was 7cm dilated!  Because I knew my window was short, I immediately told the nurse I wanted an epidural before it was too late.  Epidural was given, pain went away, and then returned shortly as the dosage wore off much more quickly than I anticipated during pushing!  This caused a ton of pain in the left side of my lower back.  The worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life!  I had to stop pushing because I thought I threw out my back, but it was just the contractions.  The anesthesiologist came back to give me another dose, but after 15 minutes of waiting, it never took in that area of my back, so I decided to keep pushing through the pain since baby Simon was on his way out!  If I didn’t wait for that 15 minutes, he would’ve been out in 30 minutes total of pushing.  But, since I waited the 15 minutes, it was a total time of 45 minutes.  Still much faster than the 2 1/2 hours of pushing when I had Judah!  :)

newborn owl hat

We’ve been doing well transitioning into a family of four.  Much easier than I imagined!  The day we returned home from the hospital, I was out walking and taking advantage of our beautiful weather through the next few days.  My feet definitely stayed swollen for a while since I wasn’t putting my feet up as much as the doctor ordered, but here in Mississippi, I’ve learned you need to enjoy the 70 degree temperatures before they hit 90 for the rest of the summer!

I love my sweet little baby Simon.  He is sweet, doesn’t cry a ton, and sleeps pretty well so far.  I get up with him only once or twice in the night (he’s formula fed) right now.  Hopefully this is indicative of a great sleeping baby!  As far as his looks, I think he resembles Ben more than me in the face, but has my fingers and toes.  Funny enough, although his older brother is dark complexion, brown eyes and dark features (just like mom and dad), Simon has lighter skin with blondish hair, and the baby grey-blue eyes!  Not what we expected, but I love it!

cookbooks newborn photo

My best friend (Vicki) came into town last week to snap some newborn photos of Simon.  The KitchenAid stand mixer and cookbooks photo are two of my favorites that I requested her to do for my blog announcement.  Don’t you love them??!!  Big shout out to my blogging friends, Jenny, Lori, and Jessica for using their cookbooks as props.  I think Simon is gaining much cooking wisdom through osmosis in that photo.  <chuckle!>  But, seriously, Vicki took some more adorable photos of Simon and I wish I could share all of them with you!

Somebody loves his little brother...and squishy faces.

Judah LOVES his little brother.  He has shown nothing but positive feelings towards him since the day he met him in the hospital.  He wants to hold him, help him, hug him, feed him, etc. all the time.  My heart melts all day long when seeing this.  I hope they become best friends when they are older.

I’ve been taking some time off here so I can fully enjoy my two sons, but I’ll be back to regular blogging soon!  I have a giveaway coming up in the near future, too, so make sure you check back!  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. OMG. Those pictures. Ridiculous!! Unbelievably cute. And I love the name Simon Gregory. Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy. Congrats to you!

2. Congratulations Nikki! Simon is absolutely adorable, that mixer photo is the cutest thing ever. So glad you and baby are doing well :)

3. Congrats, Nikki! He is so adorable. I’m glad the delivery went well and you are both healthy. Enjoy being the mama of 2!

4. Love, love, love! The mixer photo is simply perfect. Congrats, again, sweet friend! :)

5. omg! that pic of him in the kitchenaid – how sweet is that!! congrats on your newest addition!!

6. So so sweet. I can’t wait to cuddle that little guy!!! Congratulations Nikki, I am so happy for you!!!

7. Ashley P says:

Congratulations to you and Ben and Judah! Simon is so handsome!

8. Sue Gladd says:

Adorable pics, Nikki! I love how much Judah loves Simon, and I am confident that they will be each other’s best friends…forever!

9. Congrats he is absolutely precious and I love the Kitchen Aid Mixer Photo.

10. Sharon B says:

He is so precious. Love, love, love all of the pictures, but the one in the mixer is so darn cute!!!

11. Oh my goodness! I’m in love with baby Simon! So sweet. (and I just might have to steal some of those baby pose ideas ;) ) Thank you for sharing your birth story, I’ve been obsessed with reading these lately!

Congratulations!

12. Big congrats to you and your family :) Pics are awesome too!

13. Oh my goodness. Those pictures are killing me! I don’t even like babies but he’s adorable. You have the cutest kids ever. And the KitchenAid picture! Awww.

45 minutes sounds like a long time to push. Why can’t having a baby be like in the movies? Push… puuuuuuuush…. BABY! That would be lovely.

I hope you take a nice long break from the blog to spend time with your boys. We’re not going anywhere so I hope you take as long as you need! :)

14. Leanna says:

Wonderful news and a very cute picture of what you made. BTW April 17 is my birthday, too!

15. These photos are just too perfect and adorable! Congrats again! xo

16. Louise says:

Nikki, you have a beautiful family. Simon is a chef in the making and Judah can’t be more adoring.
    Congratulations and enjoy every moment of your newborn’s life and life with two sons!

• Thanks, Louise! I really hope Simon and Judah both love to cook when they grow up. I’m going to soak up every moment of them with me in the kitchen when their young, for sure! :)

17. Congrats again but omg these pictures are the absolute most gorgeous and adorable baby pictures I’ve ever seen. Love the mixer one especially – obviously! I hope you’re all doing well!

18. He is beautiful! Those are the cutest pictures ever! Congratulations!

19. Congrats!! I am so thrilled that everything went smoothly, and you are both healthy!! What sweet pics. I love the brother picture.

20. Jackie B. says:

Congratulations! He is so adorable! Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

21. He is beautiful and I love these photos. Big congrats!!

22. What an adorable picture of that gorgeous boy in the Kitchenaid! He’s so big! My two were 4 and 6 pounds (preemies) so to me he looks really big! You guys do good work. Best wishes to your beautiful family.

23. Congratulations! My son has an April 17th birthday too!

24. OH MY GOSH! My birthday is April 17th!!! Except, I just turned 21, not 0, of course, but still! YAY APRIL 17TH BABY!!! 4/17 buddies!! :).

Hahah! XD Anyway, congratulations! I hope they become best friends too :D

25. How sweet! What a beautiful baby!! I love the picture of big brother and little brother. :). :)
    ______
    Lee Ann H

26. Congratulations! Lovely pictures!

27. I love all of this, Nikki. What a sweet blessing Simon will be to your family. Love nad congratulations to you!

28. Congratulations! He is just a perfect little nugget :)

29. Congrats! He is precious, and I love the photo in the mixer..so cute!

30. Congratulations!! He is so precious!! Love the Mixer & Cookbook photos-I may have to steal that idea!;)

31. What a cutie! I love the one with the little owl hat, just adorable! We both share the same birthday, so you’ll have to send out yearly birthday pictures. Both of your boys are as cue as can be, you are truly blessed! :)

32. Congratulations! He’s perfect! How adorable is that KitchenAid picture?! Love!

33. Oh my goodness that mixer photo should win awards!!! love it. precious little man.

34. Simon is adorable! Love all the pictures. And Judah already looks like a good big brother. Congratulations!