No-bake cookies are the quickest and most simplest kind of cookie making I can think of! Having company over last minute? Need to bring cookies to a swap? These are the yummiest and fastest stove-top cookies you’ll find!
This is my sister’s recipe that I’ve made countless times in the last couple of months after getting it from her. For the holiday season, I’ve topped them with Christmas sprinkles so they’re a bit more festive.
Many of you already have your favorite no-bake cookie recipe. This one is fool-proof, in my opinion. I’ve never had a failed attempt where they are too soft or too hard. It is very important you stay close to the stove and only allow it to boil for 1 minute — no more!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the salt, milk, sugar and cocoa. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat and let boil exactly 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir in the oats.
- Working quickly, scoop tablespoon mounds onto wax paper. Allow to cool completely. Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 5 days.