The General Mills Boo Berry cereal is back! I put the classic blueberry flavored cereal to use in these frighteningly delicious Boo Berry Donuts!
When we returned from our week long Michigan trip, I found a package at my door from General Mills with each variety of their Monster Cereal collection inside. Although they didn't ask me to make anything (it was purely a sample gift) I immediately thought to make donuts out of the Boo Berry cereal. Maybe my mind went there because we spent an entire week devouring donuts each day on our vacation, or maybe it was because I was hungry right at that moment.
Many of you know one of the easiest ways to make donuts is by using Pillsbury refrigerated biscuit dough. But, did you know Pillsbury has blueberry biscuit dough?? That, my friends, is the secret to the easiest blueberry donuts recipe you'll ever come across.
Topped with a cream cheese frosting and then covered with Boo Berry cereal, these are a kid's favorite Halloween donut! Get the little ones to help you make these by letting them sprinkle on the cereal!
Boo Berry Donuts
- Frying oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 1 package (16.3 oz.) Pillsbury Grands! Blueberry Biscuits
- 4 oz . cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups General Mills Boo Berry cereal
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heavy bottom skillet or Dutch oven until 3-inches deep. Heat the oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F.
- While the oil is pre-heating, remove the biscuits from the packaging and separate into individual rounds on a cutting board. Using a small biscuit cutter, or the round top of a milk carton, cut out the center hole, reserving for donut holes.
- Place 2-3 donuts into the hot oil and fry 1-2 minutes on each side. Adjust the heat as necessary to keep the oil temperature between 350 degrees to 380 degrees F. Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the donuts from the oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat with remaining dough, ending with the donut holes.
- While the donuts are cooling, make the icing. Beat the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of the milk until creamy. Stir in the powdered sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon milk. Mix on medium speed until creamy and spreadable.
- Spread the cream cheese icing on each donut and sprinkle with the cereal. Serve immediately.