You won’t believe how easy it is to decorate miniature cupcakes to look like a box of chocolates! A fun Valentine’s gift for those who prefer cupcakes over chocolates.
Box of Chocolates Cupcakes are miniature chocolate cupcakes decorated to look like a box of assorted chocolates. Simply frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting then top with various candies and drizzles of more frosting. It is so fun to put these together!
Today, I’m giving our friends this box of chocolates, which are actually cupcakes. I bookmarked this a few years ago in my Hello! Cupcake book and never had the chance to make them. This year, it was a must. It’s an absolutely adorable idea and super easy despite what it may seem.
You will want to plan ahead and grab a box of chocolates on sale, then save the heart shaped box to serve these. You don’t have to, but it’s a festive way to add to the decoration. You can definitely use any low rimmed box. It doesn’t have to be heart shaped.
How to Make Box of Chocolates Cupcakes
- Bake your favorite chocolate cupcakes in miniature cupcakes pans. A box mix will do!
- After they are completely cool, frost the cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Decorate with various toppings, such as sprinkles, candies, icing, etc.
The Hello! Cupcake book suggests using chocolate jimmies, red and white jimmies, marshmallows cut in half then dipped in melted frosting, Valentine’s candy corn, red Dots, Valentine’s M&M’s and other Valentine’s candies.
Hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s Day!
Other Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Homemade Candy Dots
- Valentine’s White Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Strawberry Valentine’s Cupcakes
- Sugar Cookie Hearts
- 3-Ingredient Heart Sandwich Cookies
- Cupid Bites
Box of Chocolates Cupcakes
- miniature cupcakes
- chocolate frosting
- various candies (jimmies, mini marshmallows, sweethearts, chocolates, etc.)
- white and chocolate icing , for drizzling (optional)
- empty heart shaped box
- Bake a batch of your favorite miniature chocolate cupcakes. (A box mix will do!) Once cupcakes are cooled, spread chocolate frosting over top. Decorate each one as desired with candies and drizzle with icing. Use photo as a guide. Serve in a heart shaped box.
Hungry for more?
Sign up to receive an email each time I have a new recipe or
follow me on Instagram or Facebook for behind the scenes!