These Cheetos Marshmallow Treats are a cheesy, salty twist to the classic Rice Krispies Treats. *The photographed treats below are made with the Flamin' Hot flavor of Cheetos Crunchy snacks, therefore, giving a more red appearance.
The week before Easter Sunday, Judah came home from preschool with the cutest cone-shaped bag of Cheetos, stuffed at the top with green "grass" to give the appearance of a large carrot. It was the coolest thing! I hadn't had Cheetos in forever before that day. Judah and I sat at our kitchen table and munched on that bag until they were gone. I'm pretty sure I licked my fingers clean with the last few pieces.
I found out that these Cheetos were different than the ones I grew up on. These were oven baked Cheetos and much crunchier! I seriously loved them.
For some reason, my mind immediately went to creating these Cheetos Marshmallow Treats, so I wrote "Cheetos" down on my list for my next grocery store trip.
I wasn't sure how this would turn out. My first mistake was accidentally picking up the wrong flavor. I grabbed two bags of the Flamin' Hot flavor! Oops! I used them anyway, and didn't let Judah eat any. Poor kid! They were definitely HOT!
But, they were soooooooo good. They're even better with the original flavor and not the flamin' hot.
Cheetos Marshmallow Crispy Treats
- 2 bags (9 oz. each) Cheetos Crunchy snacks
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag miniature marshmallows
- Lightly spray a 9-x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Open a bag of Cheetos to let the air out. Scrunch the opening back up to close, then crushed the bags to break up the Cheetos in roughly smaller pieces. Repeat with the second bag then set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Once melted, add the marshmallows and continue to heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth. Immediately, and quickly, stir in the two bags of Cheetos (or just 1 1/2 bags if you want them more gooey). Continue to gently mix until the marshmallows are evenly distributed.
- Transfer immediately to the prepare baking dish and press to evenly spread. Let cool, then cut into squares.