Dense and rich chocolate brownies dotted with butterscotch chips in every bite. A deeper layer of flavor is added with White Lily’s Red Grape Seed all purpose flour blend.
Christmas is quickly approaching and I have yet to get my holiday baking on! In the middle of hosting my entire family for Thanksgiving (they all made the 13-hour drive down from Michigan) then Judah’s birthday party and three final exams I had to take, I’m feeling pretty whooped!
The other day, I made these brownies using the base recipe from the back of my White Lily Red Grape Seed flour blend. I decided to stir in some butterscotch chips because I loaded up on them right before Thanksgiving and had not yet opened even ONE bag! Plus, who doesn’t love a good chocolate and butterscotch combo? When it’s in the form of brownies, I’m pretty much give in to the entire pan.
These are SO good. I want to make them again and compare with regular all-purpose flour, but using my White Lily Red Grape Seed flour blend really seems to add a unique layer of flavor that doesn’t take away from a classic brownie taste. I love that I can so easily substitute 1-for-1 replacement over regular all-purpose flour.
I mentioned the new White Lily premium flours a few months ago with this recipe. You can visit their new website to learn more about their mission to connect the consumer with the farmer. Make sure to watch this video that tells more of their story!
Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups White Lily Enriched All Purpose Wheat Flour and Red Grape Seed Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium heat-proof mixing bowl, melt the butter in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in the cocoa powder and oil until combined and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour, chocolate mixture, vanilla and salt until blended. Fold in the butterscotch chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are just cracked and the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan before cutting into 24 squares.
Disclosure: I have partnered with White Lily to help promote their new line of premium flour products. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love.