These chocolate chip granola bars come together within 15 minutes, ready for a homemade snack you can share with your kids' friends.
I recently hosted a playdate with Judah's school friends from last year. Turns out, most of them are returning to the same preschool class, so I wanted to get them acquainted again before school starts in September. (Yes, school has already started for everyone else around us!) Judah and I worked together the day before, cooking up these easy granola bars to pass them out as a snack for his friends. When I mentioned it on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, many of you asked for the recipe - so I'm sharing it at the end of this post.
During the playdate, the kids played outside in our little blow-up pool. As you can see, we had it maxed out! They had a ton of fun in the sun, so when it came time for lunch, I wanted to ensure they stayed hydrated with Vita Coco Kids.
Vita Coco Kids is naturally fruit-flavored coconut water, packaged in single drink pouches - perfect for grabbing on the go or serving for a playdate refreshment. It includes natural electrolytes to keep the kiddos hydrated, yet has about half the sugar and calories of leading kids' juices.
The little fishes loved the drinks - asking for seconds. I wonder if they had any idea how nutritious their delicious drinks were?
Simon even enjoyed the Vita Coco Kids, with the help of his big brother. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Butter the bottom and sides of an 8x8-inch baking pan, then line with parchment paper. (The butter is to help the parchment paper stick to the bottom and sides of pan.) Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the honey, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk frequently until the sugar is dissolved and turns into liquid. Remove pan from the heat and use a wooden spoon to mix in the oats. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Use the back of a spatula or your hands to evenly spread the granola mix and press into the pan. Quickly press the chocolate chips over top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting into 12 individual rectangles. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge.
- Recipe Source: Kidstir
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Viva Coco Kids via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.