This is the BEST chocolate pudding Oreo dessert! This Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Dream Dessert is an Oreo crust with layers of chocolate pudding and peanut butter cream cheese topped with whipped cream and crushed Butterfingers.
If you are looking for the best chocolate pudding Oreo dessert, this is it! We have made this countless times, even as a birthday cake for Ben recently. It’s somewhat reminiscent of Oreo dirt cake, remember that classic Oreo dessert? Or, an Oreo pudding pie! I love making desserts with pudding, and this Chocolate Pudding Oreo dream dessert is my favorite!
This Oreo dessert layered with a peanut butter and cream cheese filling is not helping my case for tracking calories. Luckily, the day I photographed this was a day that I ran almost 3 miles, because see that piece of heavenly goodness? I ate every bit of it. Just that piece, not the whole pan, but it was a big piece!
I originally posted this recipe years ago. It’s one of our favorite desserts, so I thought I’d revamp the recipe and get a better picture.
So, here it is in all of its richness. It feeds MANY, so wait to make it until you have a lot of people to share it with. Unless you want to fail at your dietary goals… trust me. 😉
I’ll let the photos do the rest of the talking.
Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Dream Pudding
- 1 package (14.3 oz.) regular Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz . cream cheese , at room temperature
- 16 oz . Cool Whip
- 1 large (5.9 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars , chopped
- Lightly grease a 13- by 9- inch pan with nonstick spray. Crush Oreos in a blender then transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in the melted butter and toss to coat. Evenly press into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth. I use my stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, but you can also use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Fold in half of the Cool Whip, then spread over the Oreo crust.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix into the 2 cups of milk. Let stand for 2 minutes to thicken, then evenly spread over the peanut butter cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over top then sprinkle with the chopped Butterfinger candy bars. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Keeps in the fridge for a few days, but no longer than 1 week.
Pin this image to save to your favorite recipe board.