Egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough quickly fried in an eggroll wrapper then served warm with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
I’ve been making this dessert for the last five to six years, yet never had the opportunity to post the recipe on here. Inspired by a small local bistro in a village of Nashville, TN, I basically whip up an eggless cookie dough, seal it in an eggroll wrapper and flash fry it. Then, I top it with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream and finish it off with a drizzle of caramel and hot fudge sauces. Can somebody give me an “A-men!?”
It’s super easy…just take a look at the photo tutorial:
Seal cookie dough in eggroll wrapper…
…flash fry and drain on paper towel.
Cookie Dough Eggrolls
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 6 eggroll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel and hot fudge ice cream toppings
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until fully combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Position the eggroll wrappers on a flat, clean surface. Place a handful of the cookie dough in the center of each wrapper. Roll one corner up over the dough, then fold up the side corners before rolling the rest of the way. Brush the last corner with water to seal it.
- Heat about a 1/2-inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet. When hot, flash fry each eggroll, one or two at a time. Using tongs, turn the eggrolls so each side cooks for about 10 seconds. Drain on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Serve immediately on individual plates with vanilla ice cream topped with caramel and hot fudge sauces.