With five different creamy melty cheeses and just 15 minutes of your time, this delightful macaroni and cheese dish will entice your family to gather "Back Around the Table".
You probably can tell from the title of my blog that one of my passions in life is to make sure my family spends time around our table, making memories, eating good food and just learning about and loving each other. I know this can be difficult with our busy schedules, so having quick and easy recipes as dinner choices is best.
At the same time, we hate to sacrifice taste for convenience. Back Around the Table: An "In the Kitchen with David®" Cookbook, helps us get around just that. QVC's David Venable offers simple recipes that any home cook can achieve in his second comfort cooking cookbook.
I received this book for review and after flipping through, it immediately became one of my favorites. There are a ton of do-able recipes I've bookmarked for my own family, starting with this Five-Cheese, Fifteen Minute Stovetop Mac 'n Cheese. While it's not the cheapest recipe due to the quality of the cheeses used, you can definitely switch it up and use other cheese varieties that suit your budget. At the same time, using the cheese called for in the original recipe isn't really as expensive as you may think, since the yield feeds quite a few.
Other comfort-food recipes from this book include Banana-Peanut Butter French Toast, Sunday Pot Roast, Smoked Brisket, and Mimi's Blackberry Cobbler. Plus, when you purchase the book from QVC, it includes a bonus holiday chapter. I'm especially digging into that chapter lately to prepare for our holiday feasts, especially taking a look at the Chocolate Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Holiday Cake and Sweet Potato Biscuits!
David Venable also takes some traditional favorites and puts new spins on them. For examples, he shows you three delicious ways to do up your hot dogs, throws in a recipe for Asian Pulled Pork and makes Eggs in the Hole look fancy. I can't wait to cook my way through this book!
To learn more, tune in to "In the Kitchen with David®" on QVC Wednesdays at 8PM (ET) and Sundays at 12PM (ET) and visit QVC.com/ITKWD for Venable's recipes and blog posts. To buy the cookbook, click here.
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.
Five-Cheese, Fifteen-Minute Stovetop Mac ‘n Cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream , warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyére
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded yellow extra-sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white sharp Cheddar
- 1 pound twisted pasta (like Rotini or gemelli)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard and whisk until a thick paste forms, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in all the cheese until melted and smooth. This will take a few minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for a few minutes until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.