Once again we busted out the grill. Are you surprised? When I saw these Santa Fe Burgers on Sargento’s website, I knew I needed to make them asap. Ground beef stuffed with our favorite snack of chips and salsa? Yes, please!
This was my first experience cooking burgers on our new grill. Ben is usually king of the burgers in this household, but he received a phone call right when I was finished shaping the patties and I just couldn’t wait any longer to eat. Since he already had the coals burning for half an hour, I knew I could just slap those patties on and get them started. Little did I know that his phone call would last a while and I would end up seeing those burgers to their finish. I must say, I did a great job for my first time. 😉 Ben was even talking about these burgers again yesterday!
Even though we had fairly high expectations, I think these burgers still took us both by surprise with how good they really were. The salsa kept the insides moist while the outside was nice and crispy. And, served with another spoonful of salsa and melted cheese on top, you really can’t beat it. Don’t forget to serve them up on the perfect homemade burger buns.
Grilled Santa Fe Burger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa , divided
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 burger buns
- Lettuce (optional)
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, 1 cup of cheese, 1/4 cup salsa, tortilla chips, green onions, chili powder and garlic salt. Shape into 3-4 patties. Cook on the preheated grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cook through as desired. Place on buns and top with additional cheese and salsa. Serve with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Source: Sargento
- Full Disclosure – Although I’m in partnership to test and review Sargento recipes, I only share with you the ones that I truly enjoy and will make again. This post was sponsored by Sargento, but the opinions expressed about this recipe are my own.