I made this Guacamole Bruschetta for the first time about a year ago. It didn’t make it on the blog because I didn’t get a photo of it. Such a shame. But, I’m glad to share it with you now, just in time for the Super Bowl. It’s an easy recipe to throw together, yet it looks and tastes to impress. Monday I gave you 20 finger food ideas for Sunday. You can count this as number 21.
- 1/2 skinny loaf French bread , cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic , small tip cut off on one side
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes , diced
- 2 avocados , chopped
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place slices of bread onto a baking sheet or stone. Bake for 3 minutes, flip and bake an additional 3 minutes until toasted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately rub each slice with the cut side of the clove of garlic. Brush the tops of the garlic-infused toasts with olive oil; set aside.
- Gently mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon tablespoon-sized portions of the guacamole mixture onto each slice of toasted bread. Serve immediately.
- Source: Slightly adapted from Just a Taste