A hot cheesy pepperoni pizza dip. What more can I say?
I’ve been sitting on this one for a while. When it comes to dips, I really need an occasion to make them or else I will sit and scarf down the entire thing by myself. I have no control. As we have been discussing all week, Super Bowl Sunday is almost here so what a perfect opportunity! But, I wanted to share the recipe and photo with you before the big day in case you wanted to make it, too.
So I had no choice but to make it and eat it all by myself. I’ll never get rid of this baby bump. In fact, someone patted my belly today and commented “wow, another one already?” #notcool
Anyway, back to this hot dip and forgetting about my need to go on a diet. (Honestly, I’ve been really good at moderation lately and eating healthy… but this dip… oh this dip.) Use an oven proof dish and layer the ingredients. Bake and serve! It’s best served with toasted baguettes, in my opinion, but crackers or breadsticks will do, as well.
And, let me clear it with the masses now. We are done having kids (at least that’s OUR plan), so when you see my pooch, don’t ask me if I’m pregnant. 😉
Hot Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 Tablespoons miniature pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, use a spatula to blend the cream cheese together with the mayonnaise, garlic powder and dried basil. Mix in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small oven-proof dish or pie plate.
- Place half of the mini pepperoni slices in an even layer over top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the remaining mozzarella over top, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour pizza sauce over the cheese and evenly spread, then top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Finish by placing the rest of the mini pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Once the surface of the dip is golden, loosely top with foil to avoid burning. Serve hot with toasted baguette slices (recommended) or breadsticks.