Today, I'm sharing 10 fudge recipes from Michigan bloggers because the scent of fudge reminds me of a summer trip I took with my family to visit Mackinac Island. Do you have a scent-inspired family vacation memory?
Ben often tells me my smelling senses are too strong -- It's true, though! I can smell things so much more than him, at least. I'm not sure if that means more than the average person, but it seems like I am definitely highly sensitive to whatever my nose breathes in.
Sometimes that's a bad thing, but most of the time it's good. Especially when a smell brings back a fond memory -- like a family vacation. (That's me and my daddy above!)
One scent that brings good memories is the smell of fudge. Yes, fudge. I bet most of you have positive thoughts when you smell fudge, right? For me, it takes me back to my vacation with my family to Mackinac Island where fudge is all over the place. And, samples galore!
This is a great memory for me because it was one of the last trips my side of the family took all together. (That's me and my little sis!) This January, we will finally travel together once again, this time to Disney! But, thinking about the smell of fudge and our vacation to Mackinac is special because it was so long ago.
What scents make you picture a family vacation? Is it the smell of a specific food, like me? Or, maybe you think of a trip to the mountains when you smell the fresh air? A beach vacation when you smell suntan lotion? Imagine walking down Michigan Ave. in Chicago when you smell popcorn? 🙂
To go along with these scent-inspired memories, I collected 10 delicious fudge recipes from Michigan bloggers, and myself (a former Michigander!). Find clickable links to the blog recipes under the collage image.
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Seeded at the Table)
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Fudge (Prevention RD)
- Chocolate Coconut Layered Fudge (86 Lemons)
- Easiest Ever Fudge (What Megan's Making)
- Caramilk Fudge (What Megan's Making)
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge (Prevention RD)
- Holiday Cookies & Cream Fudge (Rachel Cooks)
- Candy Cane Fudge (What Megan's Making)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pirouline Fudge (Seeded at the Table)
- Key Lime Pie Fudge (Prevention RD)