Mexican Street Corn is grilled sweet corn on the cob smothered with a creamy spread and then sprinkled with a spiced Mexican cheese topping.
Summer is all about fresh food and produce. We love to put sweet corn to use all summer long, especially for this street corn recipe. This Mexican Street Corn is one of my reader favorite recipes, too!
If you’re looking for more grilling recipes this weekend, I have a few favorite ideas already on the blog, but we can always add new ones to the list, right?
This Mexican Street Corn on the cob is the best. I first had it a little over a year ago at one of our favorite local restaurants. We now make it at home on our grill, because it’s super easy and amazingly flavorful.
How to make Mexican Street Corn on the Cob
It is so easy to make this street corn at home. Just a quick mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream and a few spices does the trick! Traditionally the sweet corn is grilled first then smothered with the cream.
Sprinkle with Cotija cheese, or Parmesan if you can’t find Cotija. Queso fresco can work here as well.
We’re headed to Winston Salem, NC this weekend for Memorial Day weekend! I would love your suggestions of where to eat and play! We might make this street corn at our relative’s house, too!
Mexican Street Corn
- 5 ears fresh corn , husked
For the Spread:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream , or greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Juice from one lime
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup grated Cotija cheese (or Parmesan or Queso Fresco)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or chili powder if you want heat)
- Chopped cilantro , for garnish (optional)
- Soak 5 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Pierce a skewer halfway into the bottom of each corn cob.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (between 350-450 degrees F).
- Place the corn directly over the heat, cover and let cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning often, until the kernels are spotted brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the spread ingredients in a small bowl, and the topping ingredients in another small bowl; set aside.
- Carefully remove the corn cob from the grill and transfer to a large platter. Smear the spread all over each corn cob, then sprinkle evenly with the topping. Serve immediately.
Pin this image to save for later.