This is our favorite Mexican restaurant-style salsa. Easy to make with pantry ingredients and no time at all!
Almost one year ago, I gave you a salsa recipe that we love. We still love it, but in the last month we have converted to a new favorite, that is more like the restaurant-style salsa we enjoy. I do not always have fresh tomatoes on hand, so I wanted to create a new recipe that didn’t require them, while also incorporating a few more flavors I thought would work out well.
In my white cheese dip (Queso Blanco) recipe that you all seem to love just as much as we do, I use pickled jalapeño’s and diced green chiles to spice things up. So, I thought throwing these into a salsa would step up the flavor from just regular fresh jalepeño’s. Another thought was to add some canned artichokes hearts to finish it off, which worked out beautifully.
I was so pleased to come up with what I think is the perfect combination for salsa. Ben and I both love this more than our former favorite because we felt that with the other salsa, we needed to wait for it to come closer to room temperature in order for the flavors to show, while this salsa can be eaten straight from the fridge. No waiting necessary! The only bad thing about this new salsa is now we want to eat even more of it! Good thing it makes a large batch. 😉
Mexican Restaurant-Style Salsa
- 2 pickled jalapeño peppers from a can , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and halved
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 yellow onion , peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 quarters artichoke hearts , from a can
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- Small handful (about 1/4 cup loosely pack) cilantro leaves
- In a food processor fitted with the blade, process the jalapeño peppers and garlic cloves until finely chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and process for 10 to 20 more seconds. Transfer to a large container, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend before serving.