This hot spinach artichoke dip is an easy appetizer and family favorite. A classic appetizer recipe for game day or any party!
Happy 2020! We’re kicking off the new year with this easy classic appetizer you can make for the upcoming super bowl and any party you host this year. Everyone devours this hot spinach artichoke dip every time it’s on the table!
We first shared this baked spinach artichoke dip over 10 years ago after my friend, Cathy, made it for us when we lived in the Chicago suburbs (and my blog was called “Pennies on a Platter.” Do you remember?) It’s an easy copycat recipe from Olive Garden and we’ve tweaked it over the years to be the best spinach artichoke dip! I also updated the photos from way back then.
How to make baked spinach artichoke dip
It is very easy to make this spinach artichoke dip recipe. It takes only 5 minutes to throw together and then a quick 25 minutes of baking in the oven. But, you will want to plan ahead and remove the cream cheese from the fridge ahead of time to allow it to come to room temperature. If you forget, simply microwave the cream cheese (out of the wrapper) for a few seconds to soften it.
This spinach artichoke dip is made of the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Asiago cheese
- Garlic clove and garlic salt
- Dried basil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Frozen spinach
- Canned artichoke hearts
What to serve with artichoke dip
We mainly serve this artichoke dip at parties with toasted baguettes, but it is also delicious with vegetables (think carrots and peppers) as well as crackers (like Ritz crackers and Wheat Thins). Try it with bagel chips, pretzels, and other favorite snacks as well!
Ten years ago, we talked about making this recipe to save money instead of ordering it at a restaurant. I have a few copycat recipes you will love in that respect, like Maggiano’s Rigatoni D, Chicken Salad Chick’s Grape Salad, Zaxby’s Zax Sauce, Panera’s Pumpkin Muffies, and more.
I’m now telling you to make this easy spinach artichoke dip for more reasons than saving a buck! Make it because it’s THAT good! Make it to make your friends and family happy. Make it to claim the best appetizer of the party!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 14 oz. canned artichoke hearts , drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach , thawed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease small baking dish or pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, Asiago, garlic, basil and garlic salt. Stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach until blended. Pour into prepared dish and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly on the sides. Serve with toasted baguettes, crackers or veggies.
This recipe was originally published January 15, 2008 and updated with new photos and improved tips on January 2, 2020.