This is the easiest Oreo balls recipe ever! Just THREE ingredients (crushed oreos, cream cheese and white chocolate) for this easy no-bake treat!
We've been making Oreo balls for over 15 years. In fact, it was the first recipe I ever published. That first year, I made them for Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas! Everyone around me kept asking for the recipe.
Years later, Oreo cookie balls are still a favorite holiday treat, right next to our buckeyes.
(full printable recipe at end of post)
With only 3 ingredients, this is the simplest Oreo balls recipe. Here's what you need:
- Oreo cookies - You will crush these into cookie crumbs.
- Cream cheese -- We use an 8 ounce package. Set out an hour early to soften.
- Almond bark, or white chocolate candy coating -- Can use any melting chocolate you prefer.
You'll want to have toothpicks on hand for this recipe, too!
How to Make Oreo Cookie Balls
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Crush cookies in a food processor or blender into fine crumbs.
- Use paddle attachment of stand mixer to beat the cream cheese.
- Stir cookie crumbs into cream cheese.
- Combine until the mixture resembles a dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop to spoon into small balls and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Freeze Oreo balls for 15 minutes.
Dip in Melted Chocolate
- Melt chocolate or candy coating as directed on package. Use a toothpick to dip Oreo balls into the melted chocolate and place back on wax paper.
- Sprinkle immediately with optional decorative topping.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour, until hardened.
The traditional Oreo truffle is made with original Oreo cookies, cream cheese and almond bark. With so many Oreo cookie flavors on the shelves now, you can make just about any variation! A favorite during Christmas is a peppermint Oreo truffle using the candy cane Oreos.
This recipe uses almond bark or a candy coating. You can use melted chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate bark, white chocolate chips, etc. If you add a little coconut oil to the melted chocolate it will harden with a nice shine. I don't typically do this, but it's a preference for some people!
Store Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Or, freeze them in a resealable bag for up to 3 months.
Made This Recipe?
Leave a star rating, take a photo and tag me on social media @seededtable so I can share it!
This recipe was originally published February 10, 2007 and updated July 2022.
Oreo Balls Recipe
- 8 oz package cream cheese , softened
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 package white chocolate bark (or almond bark) or candy coating
- Finely crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cream cheese until fully incorporated. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate as directed on package. Using toothpicks, dip the balls into the chocolate and place back on wax paper. Sprinkle immediately with choice of decorative topping (optional). Refrigerate until ready to eat, at least 1 hour.
- Nutrition information varies.
- Try other sandwich cookies flavors for fun variety!