Creamy dreamy homemade OREO Cheesecake ice cream that takes just a few minutes to prepare and uses only FOUR ingredients! No ice cream maker needed!
It's true! This homemade frozen dessert is made WITHOUT an ice cream machine! Have a hand mixer? You can whip this up within minutes, then it's ready to eat after freezing for about 4 hours. Now that's the kind of easy dessert I'm talking about! 🙂
It's National Ice Cream Month and I am excited to celebrate with you all month! If this means I can eat more ice cream, then so be it! And, guess what? I've been running a lot lately, so I can eat more calories <a-hem> ice cream!
Remember when I told you about two months ago that I started running to prepare for a 5K? And, remember when I told you that I completed that 5K? Well, I haven't told you (unless you follow me on Instagram) that I have been kicking butt in my running mileage lately. I have NEVER in my life thought that I would be a runner, yet this weekend I ran 7.18 miles one morning! What-what!!??
Running has changed my life. Seriously. I'm feeling SO good and have lost all of my baby weight and feel more energized! I might even sport a bikini swimsuit instead of a tank-ini suit this summer if I find one I like! I'm probably sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, but I just want to shout out to the crowds that I have kept up with running and have reached unimaginable goals. I haven't changed the things I eat. Instead, I just watch how much I eat. I was tracking my calories intake using the MapMyFitness app until I lost enough pounds to reach my goal, and now I just am in the habit of eating less. I still weigh myself every week and if I ever do start gaining again, I will use the app again to track my calories.
If anything, I want to share all of this in order to encourage anyone out there to start running. Just #getupandrun! Do it!
Then you can eat some of this ice cream without feeling guilty. 🙂
This ice cream recipe is seriously THE best, and you don't use an ice cream machine. All you need is:
- A hand mixer (or stand mixer if you have one)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- OREO cookies
Can you believe it's SO easy??
OREO Cheesecake Ice Cream [No Machine Required!]
- 14 oz . can sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4 oz . package instant pudding mix , Cheesecake flavor
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 package (14.3 oz.) regular OREO cookies, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and instant pudding mix, until the pudding mix is dissolved.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy cream at high speed with a stand mixer or hand mixer to the consistency of whipped cream (stiff peaks). Fold whipped cream into the sweetened condensed mixture until the two mixtures are evenly blended. Very gently stir in the chopped OREO cookies.
- Transfer to a 2-quart freezer-friendly container and freeze for 4 hours before serving.