These miniature mushroom muffin cups make a great savory appetizer or small bite.
When deciding what I would make for dinner yesterday I realized I had an onion and mushrooms I needed to use before they went bad. I started doing a search for a mushroom recipe and came across this mushroom cup recipe. It sounded good so I thought I would give it a try. I was right, they are delish!! But see for yourself... they are not too hard to make... but they are a little more in depth than just a quick meal.. so you probably should be in the mood to cook. Cooking always relaxes me after a long day, so I love it. Anyway, here is the recipe. I took a picture of the ones I made... note: I made mine a little bigger than what the recipe calls for because I didn't have miniature muffin pans.
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 2 c Chopped mushrooms
- 3 tb Margarine
- ½ c Chopped parsley
- 2 Egg yolks
- ¾ c Grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ts Salt
- 8 sliced white bread
- ½ c butter , melted
- Saute onions and mushrooms in margarine. Remove from heat. Add parsley, eggs, cheeses and seasoning. Combine well. Trim crusts from bread and cut into 4 equal squares. Roll pieces flat with a rolling pin. Dip bread in melted butter and arrange in miniature muffin tins. Fill each with mushroom-cheese mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.
- Can make 16 regular size muffins.