I wanted to include a variety of tastes in my Christmas boxes this year. Since I decided to break tradition and not include Pizzelles, I thought these cookies could make up for that sugary cookie taste. This is my first time making shortbread, or really even eating it (yeah sheltered, I know, right!) So, I'm not even sure these had the classic shortbread taste. But, I liked them and heard my gift recipients did, too!
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 3×1-inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Source: All Recipes