Fresh Salsa & Cream Cheese Pizza
This Fresh Salsa and Cream Cheese Pizza is a perfect lunch or party appetizer. This veggie pizza features salsa sprinkled over top a layer of garlic-infused cream cheese, topped with avocado slices with a crust made from refrigerated crescent dough.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro , divided
- 3 Roma tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and diced red onion
- juice from half a lime
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll the crescent dough and place on a baking stone or a large parchment lined baking sheet. Pinch the seams to seal, then roll the dough until thin and into a large rectangle. (Alternatively, you can separate the dough triangles and arrange into a circle with the points in the center and wide ends toward the outer edge. Then spread the triangles so the sides meet and roll to create a round pizza while pinching the seams together.) Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, garlic powder and 2 Tablespoons of the cilantro. Spread evenly over the surface of the cooled crescent dough crust.
In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, green bell pepper, red onion lime juice and remaining cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese layer. Top with the avocado slices. Slices into squares and serve.
Recipe Source: The Pampered Chef