Snickers Cake is a dessert to please a crowd. Boxed chocolate cake mix is the base for this Snickers Cake that is then soaked in caramel sauce and garnished with a whipped Snickers topping.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix , plus ingredients listed on box to make the cake
- 1 (12 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (9 to 12 oz) jar caramel sauce or ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 traditional sized Snickers bars , chopped and divided
- 1/3 cup salted roasted peanuts , chopped
- Chocolate caramel sauce (or both caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, separate)
Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package. Bake as directed.
As the cake is baking, blend together the sweetened condensed milk and jar of caramel sauce/topping until fully incorporated. Remove the cake from the oven and while it is still warm, poke holes in it with a fork. Pour the milk and caramel mixture over the entire surface of the cake and let seep down into the holes. Set aside and let the cake cool completely.
Once the cake is completely cool, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. In a cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract on high speed until a whipped cream is formed with soft peaks. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir in 3/4 of the chopped Snickers. Spread the whipped topping over the cake. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts and the other 1/4 of the chopped Snickers over top, then drizzle with chocolate caramel sauce.
Cover with foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.