Shaved Asparagus Pizza
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt , to taste
- 8 ounces asparagus spears , woody stems removed
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella , thinly sliced (or 1 cup shredded, not fresh, mozzarella)
- 3 ounces spreadable garlic herb cheese , such as Boursin, The Laughing Cow, another brand or garlic herb seasoned cream cheese
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Press the pizza dough into a 12- to 14-inch round pizza pan. (Sometimes I use my stone, in which case you should preheat the stone for 30 minutes and roll your pizza dough on parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal.) Brush the surface and outer crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Spread the mozzarella over the pizza dough in an even layer. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus spears into thin ribbons, reserving the tips as well. Pile it all on top of the mozzarella. Dot the surface of the pizza with the garlic herb spread, then season with black pepper, to taste.
Transfer the pizza to the preheated oven and bake until the mozzarella cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Source: Adapted from Annie's Eats
, originally from The Tasty Kitchen Blog