Almond Flour Banana Muffins
These Almond Flour Banana Muffins are low-carb, gluten-free and include no refined sugars. The muffins are sweetened naturally with the bananas and almond flour and can be frozen for a convenient breakfast!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or a 4 oz. individual container)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream (from a can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (omit for Whole30)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Scoop mixture evenly into the muffin cups. (I use my medium sized cookie scoop.)
Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly set in the middle.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg