Chicken and Cheese Tortellini Soup
This weeknight Chicken and Cheese Tortellini Soup is an easy and flavorful dinner to quickly get on the table. It's a simple dinner idea for a family favorite meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 8 oz uncooked bacon slices (about 6 to 8 slices) cut into small pieces
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb package fresh 3-cheese tortellini (found refrigerated near the cheese section)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat 6 quart Dutch Oven (or large pot) over medium heat. Toss and cook the bacon until cooked through. Add the carrots, celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the tortellini, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream, cheese, and chicken. Heat another 5 minutes on low, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week. Reheat leftovers on the stove top with additional chicken broth.