Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Sharing our favorite apple cinnamon muffins! These easy apple muffins have tender apple pieces in every bite with a sweet cinnamon streusel topping. This apple cinnamon muffin recipe bakes quickly for a delicious fall breakfast!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 small granny smith apple shredded (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 small granny smith apple diced small (peeled or unpeeled)
For streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick spray. (I recommend Baker's Joy.)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and butter until thoroughly combined. Add eggs one at a time, then the applesauce and vanilla. Stir in the shredded apples.
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the diced apples.
Using a large cookie scoop, spoon mixture evenly into muffin tins (you might be able to make up to 15 muffins depending on size of muffins). Make streusel topping.
For streusel topping:
Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Rub together with fingers until mixture is coarse and butter is evenly distributed in small pea sized pellets.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over muffins.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes then remove onto cooling rack.
- You may use other types of apples that are good for baking, such as Braeburn, Honeycrisp and Jonagold.
- Nutritional information is estimated and may vary.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg