Easy Green Bean Casserole
This easy green bean casserole recipe is the perfect classic side dish for Thanksgiving. A veggie casserole with only a few ingredients of tender green beans, a creamy sauce and crispy onion topping!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 10 servings
- 4 cups frozen or canned cut green beans , 2 (12-oz.) bags of steamable frozen beans, or 2 (14-oz.) cans, drained
- 10.5 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt , more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 cups french fried onions , divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease large casserole dish or 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
If using frozen green beans, steam beans for half the amount of time listed on package directions. Drain.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in the beans then add the cheese and 1 cup of the onions.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining 1 cup of onions and bake an additional 10 minutes, until golden.
- If using fresh green beans, boil until crisp tender before adding to mixture.
- Make ahead mixture the night before without the onions. When ready to bake, take out of the fridge for 30 minutes before and stir in half the onions.
- For extra crunch, try adding sliced water chestnuts.
Calories: 152.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.04g | Protein: 5.22g | Fat: 10.22g | Saturated Fat: 5.22g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 645.86mg | Potassium: 163.81mg | Fiber: 1.27g | Sugar: 1.92g | Vitamin A: 427.11IU | Vitamin C: 5.94mg | Calcium: 107.41mg | Iron: 0.8mg