Pizza Bites

Pizza Bites

After making this Chicken Pesto Pizza the other day, I still had the other half of the Perfect Pizza Crust dough to use up.  It wasn’t hard for me to figure out how.  These Pizza Bites have been tempting me since the day I saw them on Annie’s Eats.  They are so easy to whip up once you have the dough ready.  Just separate the dough into roughly 20 pieces and press in your choice of filling.  I made them with pepperoni and mozzarella as Annie did.  But, next time I may just experiment with other pizza type toppings, although it will be hard to separate from my love of pepperoni.  :)

Pizza Bites

Printable Recipe

1/2 batch Perfect Pizza Crust dough
mozzarella cheese, about 20 cubed pieces
sliced pepperoni

For topping:
olive oil
Italian seasoning
grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 400˚F.  Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.  Divide the pizza dough into roughly 20 equal sized pieces.  Take one of the dough pieces and press in a cube of cheese and two slices of pepperoni.  Pull the edges of the dough down around the filling and seal.  Place in the pan, seam side down.  Repeat with remaining dough.  Each piece of dough should be touching each other in the pan. (It may seem crowded, but will be fine.)

Lightly brush the tops of the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm or at room temperature, with dipping sauce if desired.

Source: Adapted from Annie’s Eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. these look so good! although, i prefer crispy pepperoni when i eat it. I know this recipe is something my hubby would LOVE though! i’ll have to try it out some time!

• I microwave my pepperoni before I put it on pizza…you would be surprised at the grease you get rid of. Then you have nice crispy pepperoni.

2. thecookingnurse says:

Adding this one to my list to try!

3. What an awesome idea! I’m definitely saving this one for the future.

4. delightfullysweet says:

I love her site!
    I can’t wait to make these!

5. These definitely look delicious. I am craving pizza so bad too.

6. So glad this showed up on pinterest! YUM!

7. Ann-Marie Sanderson says:

I made these last night for my family movie night! They were such a hit and SOOO easy! YUMMY- A keeper for sure! Thank you!

8. I just made this tonight for my small group at church. These were delicious. I didn’t use homemade pizza dough though. I used the frozen bread dough and it was equally as delicious! thank you for the recipe!

Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

9. Yummy! We’ll have to try that!

Thanks for sharing this great leftovers idea!

10. This is such a fantastic idea!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

I featured this on my blog this past week, stop on by and grab a featured button if you’d like :)

11. WOW, so happy I found this, looks yum!

12. These look easy enough to make with my 4 year old granddaughter. I can’t wait to try them.

13. Annie Dionisio says:

These are scrumptious! Made them for breakfast for Huz and the kid. Can the unbaked pizza bites be frozen though? Like freeze the stuffed dough for later baking?
    Thanks!

14. I made these this weekend with leftover Thanksgiving roll dough. Everyone loved them and asked for them again. They want to try sauce inside the bite, and/or garlic butter sprinkled on the outside.

Thanks Nikki (and Pinterest!)

15. I love this idea. Im going to have to give it a try, pretty much anything with pepperoni in it is a huge hit!

16. My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures!

Drool!!

17. Saw these on Pinterest and just had to pin them because I think my boys will love them!!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

18. LOVE THESE! I have made them so- many times during this last football season. I use my pizza dough recipe for my bread machine though. I have never been a fan of sauce on pizza so these are perfect for me. The last time I made them my husband requested to put some sausage in them. So I made some sausage, sausage & pepperoni, and pepperoni. I want to try canadian bacon and pineapple some time. So- many possibilities!!!!

19. I am making these for Friday night dinner! Some other filling ideas that were yummy (I made a variety for everyone’s taste): Chicken, ham, and mozzarella cheese or chicken, dash of alfredo sauce and cheese, peas and cheese for the little ones. Possibilities are endless!

20. Did anyone have trouble with the dough sticking to your hands really badly?

21. I’m making these ri now. They smell amazing. I made my own doughy, and put a tiny smear of sauce inside. We,ll see!!!!

22. Can you make these pizza balls 2 days ahead of the day we want to serve them? will they freeze?

• Hi Alli, I have not tried freezing them. But, yes, you can try to assemble them and then freeze before baking. Then, place in the oven while it’s preheating to gradually warm them to bake. Again, I haven’t tried this myself, but this is how I would give it a go. :)

23. Moana Kake (@RakituIsland) says:

These look scrumptious. Thank you.

24. These look fantastic, perfect snack for my friends!

25. Looks wonderful and really easy to prepare!

26. I’ve made these for years, but use biscuits…..they are still good and much easier

27. Can you freeze them?

28. I have a couple cans of crescent dough in the fridge I need to use … I’m going to try these with that dough. I hope they work out okay

29. Jeannie says:

I love making (and eating) these. I use a 9X13 dish and make 28 at at time. I use 3 cans of buttermilk biscuits (I use Pillsbury) instead of pizza dough. I think I will try the pizza dough next time to see if there is any significant difference. The possibilities are endless. I also like to make them with mozzarella cheese, chicken, and a small amount of buffalo sauce. They turn out great. If you like blue cheese you could substitute that for the mozzarella cheese. Happy baking!!

30. I love this! but instead of making the pizza dough from scratch, would it be the same if I just bought the pre-made pizza dough from the grocery store?

31. Janie Sibell says:

I love to make pizza bites. Another option I found is to buy Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls. Thaw and spread out in a circle and fill with cheese and pepperoni. Using shredded mozzarella cheese also works just as well and sometimes melts faster. I also brush tops with melted/softened garlic butter before baking. That really enhances the pizza roll. I have a small home town catering business and get orders for these all the time.