Turn your can of tuna into a meal with these pan-fried Avocado Tuna Patties. Only 4 ingredients and Whole30 approved! Crispy on the outside, these simple Avocado Tuna Patties are a tasty healthy lunch option.
Ben and I love these Avocado Tuna Patties. If he happens to be home for lunch, this is a great healthy option I can quickly cook on the stove and serve over a bed of greens. We typically use spinach we have on hand and with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper. Sometimes I even sprinkle flax seed and pecans.
Whole30 Approved Tuna Cakes
This is another recipe we rely on when we are trying to eat Whole30 compliant food. Even when we're not on an actual Whole30 diet, we still often make these tuna cakes to balance out our meal rotation.
As much as it doesn't sound like it, these Avocado Tuna Patties are actually very filling! I struggled with how many servings to assign it. Ben and I will eat all 10 patties in one setting, but we feel too full when we do. We should only eat 3 to 4 patties each instead of 5! So, I labeled it as 2 to 3 servings because we feel full enough after 3 or 4 patties.
How To Make Tuna Patties
6.4 oz. chunk tuna
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
salt & pepper, to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 10 small patties and cook on preheated nonstick skillet for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
You can use canned tuna to make Avoacado Tuna Patties, or you can use the tuna foil packets (which is what I usually use). My recipe below indicates using the tuna packets.
To make the tuna patties, quickly mix all four ingredients in a bowl then scoop mounds into a preheated skillet. The patties only take only 3-4 minutes to cook on each side and they're done!
Tips for Making Tuna Patties
- I use my medium sized cookie scoop for shaping the patties to ensure they are all equal in size. This creates 10 patties for me.
- Use a nonstick skillet to cook these with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Turn down the heat if the patties are browning too quickly.
I think you will love these Avocado Tuna Patties, especially if you are searching for a quick healthy lunch option! You'll feel great after eating them, too!
Avocado Tuna Patties
- 6.4 oz. package chunk tuna
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & pepper, to taste
- olive oil to grease pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, avocado, almond flour and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Shape tuna mixture into 10 equal sized patties. Cook in preheated skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. (Turn down the heat to medium if browning too quickly.)