This onion bread is a buttery and delicious braided bread. Use frozen bread for quick and easy assemble!
On Sunday, we knew we were going to have a big Sunday dinner at our Pastor's house later in the evening so we wanted to eat a light lunch. I whipped up a Spinach Apple Salad and Buttery Onion Braid. It definitely held us over until dinner was served at 6pm.
Buttery Onion Braid
- 1 (8 oz) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 medium onion , minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each section into a 36-inch rope.
- Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Dip each rope in mixture and place side by side on a large cookie sheet. Pinch 3 ropes together at one end. Braid ropes.
- Transfer completed braid to Deep Dish Baker. Shape into a circle, pinching ends together to seal. Pour any remaining butter mixture over top of braid. Cover with Baking Bowl and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake covered 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake 20 minutes. Remove Baking Bowl and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.