Dirty only one bowl and use yellow cake mix to make these easy chocolate cookies with M&M's, sprinkles and chocolate chips. Simple steps mean your kids will enjoy baking these with you!
We're back to school! How is it here already? I mean, how is Simon in kindergarten now? And, Judah's in 3rd grade! Wasn't it just yesterday I posted pregnancy updates of them? Didn't we discuss best strollers, transitioning to big boy beds, and share newborn photos not that long ago?
It isn't right how quickly they grow...
This summer, I realized Simon didn't have as much baking time with me in the kitchen as Judah these last few years. Much of that contributed to him as the second child, but more-so because I was in school full time. So, a couple of weeks ago I told Simon he can develop his own cookie recipe just like his big brother did at the young age of 3!
These cookies are Simon's cookies. I should name them as such, but that doesn't give you a hint of the fun ingredients! Just like I did with Judah, I laid out ingredients we had on hand and let Simon pick what he wanted to include in his cookies. I controlled the measurements and we mixed it all up in our KitchenAid mixer bowl. After baking at 350 for 10 minutes, we excitedly tried Simon's cookie creation with delicious results! They were so good, in fact, we made them again yesterday to share with my coworkers.
Simon wouldn't want to keep his recipe a secret, so here we are sharing it with you. Spend a moment with your kiddos and make this easy recipe with simple steps. It only takes minutes of your time, but the memories will last forever.
Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Sprinkles Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- ¼ cup M&M's
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Mix in the cake mix, cocoa powder and salt until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles, M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool 8 minutes before transferring from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Leave a Reply