You do not need an ice cream machine to make Cannoli Ice Cream. Use a traditional blender and mixer to mix the cannoli ingredients into your favorite ice cream dessert!
Remember when I shared this OREO Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker? Well, I’m at it again with another amazing ice cream that is made without an ice cream machine!
This Cannoli Ice Cream recipe is one of our favorites, and we’ve been enjoying it in the evenings lately during our Netflix binging. What shows do you binge on Netflix?
You might wonder how you can make ice cream without an ice cream machine? It’s EASY! Use your blender to blend the first couple of ingredients. Use your hand mixer to whip up the cream and stir into the other ingredients. Then FREEZE it! It’s creamy and delicious — just like you made it in a machine!
This Cannoli Ice Cream makes you think you are eating an actual cannoli! I might even prefer it this way in ice cream form! Of course, I’m talking about the “Americanized” cannoli we are all familiar with, that’s sweet and fattening and sooooo good.
I’ve never tried the real deal Italian version with candied citrus and other differences, have you? I’ve heard it’s hard to find that type of cannoli in the US!
If you cannot find cannoli shells in your grocery store, skip it. Not required. But, if you CAN find them, they are a grrrrrreat addition crumbling into your ice cream for the extra crunch in each bite.
I can’t wait for you to try this EASY and delish Cannoli Ice Cream and let me know what you think!! I’m imagining turning this into a Cannoli Ice Cream Cake someday! Yes??
Cannoli Ice Cream - No Ice Cream Maker!
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 15 oz whole milk Ricotta
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup shelled and roasted pistachios , chopped
- Cannoli shells (optional)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk and Ricotta in a blender until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Gently stir in the chocolate chips, pistachios and optional cannoli shells; set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until it just reaches stiff peaks. Do not over mix. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the Ricotta mixture until the two mixtures are evenly blended.
- Transfer to a 2-quart freezer-friendly container and freeze for 4 hours before serving.