Try this easy carrot cake monkey bread for a tasty twist on the original. Shredded carrots, crushed pineapple and pecans are the stars of this show!
Surprise your Easter brunch guests with this springtime twist on the traditional monkey bread breakfast. This sweet carrot cake monkey bread is loaded with shredded carrots, pineapple and pecans, then drizzled with your favorite cream cheese frosting. You might want to make sure the Easter Bunny doesn't hop over for a bite!
Our family has annual Easter traditions such as making Italian Easter Bread, going on egg hunts, dying eggs and, of course, talking a lot about Jesus. This carrot cake monkey bread that I developed for Pillsbury is our new Easter brunch tradition! Carrot cake is Ben's favorite and he requests it every year for his birthday. Serving it in the form of monkey bread? Holy cow, it's great!
📋 Grocery List
Fresh carrots, canned crushed pineapple and just a few other easy grocery items make up this carrot cake monkey bread.
Gather these ingredients:
- Refrigerated biscuit dough, preferably honey butter flavor (30 oz -- 2 to 4 cans)
- Fresh carrots (2 medium)
- Crushed pineapple (8 oz. can)
- Raw pecans (½ cup chopped)
- Light brown sugar (½ cup)
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Allspice (optional)
I've made this using only cinnamon, so if you do not have nutmeg and allspice, don't go out and buy it for just this! Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
💭 Which Refrigerated Biscuits for Carrot Cake Monkey Bread
If your store carries the honey butter Pillsbury GRANDS! refrigerated biscuits, use those! Otherwise, it is not a problem to use original refrigerated biscuits instead. In fact, when I can't find the honey butter, I grab the 4-pack of generic store brand because it's cheaper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut biscuits into quarters; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine carrots, pecans, pineapple, sugar and spices.
- Mix in the biscuits and gently toss to coat. Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until baked through.
- Remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and serve warm.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat pieces in microwave for 10 seconds, or until warmed through.
🥕 More Carrot Cake Recipes
Carrot Cake Monkey Bread
- bundt pan
- mixing bowls
- wooden spoon
- rimmed baking sheet
- 2 large carrots , peeled and shredded
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans , plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- ½ teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 32 oz. refrigerated honey butter biscuit dough (see note)
- tub of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup bundt pan.
- In large bowl, stir together carrots, crushed pineapple, pecans, brown sugar and spices; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters. Add biscuit quarters to carrot mixture in bowl; gently toss to coat. Spoon coated biscuit quarters evenly into prepared pan. Pour any remaining liquid over top.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until baked through. Remove from oven; cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter.
- Spread or drizzle cream cheese frosting over top. Sprinkle with additional chopped pecans (optional). Serve warm.
- Pillsbury GRANDS! carries tubes of honey butter refrigerated biscuit dough. If you cannot find these, substitute with any original flavor refrigerated biscuits (flakey or regular). Sometimes I will just buy the 4-pack of regular biscuits because it's cheap.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only based on serving size as 1/12th of the bread.