Yesterday was Ben's birthday. In addition to the gift I bought him, I told him he could choose whatever he wanted for dinner...the dessert and all. He came up with Pasta Fagioli and this Italian Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert. Along side the main dish, he requested some biscuits I've posted before and called Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
While making the biscuits, I realized I really needed to update the recipe and re-post them. And, for ease of searching, I also decided that they needed to be renamed to the real title used by the popular restaurant chain known for these.
We love these biscuits and especially how easy they are to whip together. It's not often that I'll use Bisquick, but it's the key here to baking these up in minutes. And let me tell you, I'm all for a quick option that's THIS tasty! 🙂
Copycat Recipe: Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400? and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a baking stone.
- Combine Bisquick, garlic powder and cheese in medium bowl. Stir in milk until just combined. Drop lumps of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter. Stir in parsley and garlic salt. When the timer goes off after 10 minutes, brush the butter mixture onto the biscuits. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional: Before serving, brush biscuits with additional garlic butter mixture.
- Adapted Source: Joyful Abode