Try a cold pizza for something different! This Cheesy BLT Pizza is loaded with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and salty bacon on top a layer of seasoned cream cheese.
We're battling a fierce cold in our household this week. Last night during video chat with Judah and my parents, my mom scared me into going to the doctor, telling me I probably have strep throat. Fortunately, I don't. But, unfortunately, I didn't leave the doctor's office before getting a shot in my hiney. It was loaded with antibiotics that's supposed to help faster than just taking some prescription pills. So far, I feel nothing except some soreness where the shot was and that same scratchiness in my throat. 🙁
But, healing can take some time, I know that, and the doctor was super nice. You know what doesn't take a lot of time, though? This pizza. On sick days, you don't even want to consider a recipe that is too involved. Even so, if you still have your taste buds and appetite, you still want something yummy, yet light. Right? This BLT pizza recipe is just that.
Using a pre-baked pizza crust, you can whip up this pizza within minutes, even for a quick lunch! Just bake the crust a little more until it is somewhat crispy, spread some lightly seasoned cream cheese over top, then layer with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. It really can't get any easier than that. (Unless you're not sick when you make it.) 😉
Cheesy BLT Pizza
- 1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust, thin crust preferred
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded green lettuce
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 5-7 slices crispy cooked bacon , chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the pre-cooked crust until somewhat crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to let cool.
- In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese, Italian seasonings and black pepper. Spread evenly over the surface of the pizza crust, leaving about 1/2-inch around the border. Top with the remaining ingredients. Slice and serve immediately.
- Source: Adapted from Sargento
Full Disclosure: Although I’m in partnership to test and review Sargento recipes, I only share with you the ones that I truly enjoy and will make again. This post was sponsored by Sargento, but the opinions expressed about this recipe are my own.