These energy balls are full of your favorite ingredients, that you think you're eating a delicious cookie minus the bad stuff. Peanut butter, honey and oats are combined with power foods such as cranberries, almonds and flax seed to give you a tasty snack with a quick boost during your busy day.
Let me tell you a little story about our friend, Paul, who almost missed his chance to taste these delicious bites of energy. He and his wife were visiting us the other day, and because they were traveling, I offered them an energy ball from my fridge. His wife immediately ate one, and then another, as she went on about how good they tasted.
Paul, on the other hand, was very skeptical after finding out there were flax seed meal and chia seeds involved. I could hear what he was thinking: "A healthy snack that probably tastes like one of those chalky power bars!"
We finally convinced him to just take a bite. So, a bite he took. Then another. And, another...then another energy ball was taken out of the container by Paul's own fingers! He quickly apologized for doubting us, and even said that he loved them.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge to snack on during the day. Or, throw a couple into a baggie to take to work or a picnic. These are also great for gifting to a friend who's traveling, or maybe going through a rough time and needs a little "pick-me-up".
Not only can I assure you that these are easy to eat, they are also easy to make. Quickly mix the ingredients together in a bowl, scoop them into balls and refrigerate. They will last you about a week, if you don't share them all with your skeptical friends. 😉
Chocolate Cranberry Almond Energy Balls [No-Bake!]
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (regular or natural)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt until creamy. Stir in the oats, almonds, cranberries, chocolate chips, flax seed, and chia seeds.
- Use a small cookie scoop to spoon bite-sized mounds onto a lined baking sheet, then form each mound into a ball by rolling between your hands. Place baking sheet in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.