I think I can speak for most, that every once in a while we want to throw together a quick treat for just ourselves. Many of us have little time to think about it, and none of us want to run to the store to make it happen. Yet, in seconds, that chance to satisfy a craving can disappear just as soon as our tots run into the room and shout out some sort of need they have.
The moment is gone…just like that.
Let me encourage you that next time you have that desire to treat yourself, act instantly by blending up this quick milkshake. Here’s how you can make it happen fast:
Have the following on hand at all times:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Brewed coffee, kept in container in fridge or frozen in ice cube trays
- Chocolate syrup
- Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips (if you can’t find them until the holidays in your store, then substitute chocolate chips)
If you have just these five items, you can throw them in the blender and dare I say sneak a treat. Send little Tommy and Suzy to their rooms for quiet time, tell them to ignore the few seconds of loud rumbling noise coming from the kitchen, and jog right over to your blender. Mix this up, pour it into your favorite adult sippy cup, and sit down to kick your feet up.
Then hurry and suck it down, because little Tommy and Suzy’s quiet time will be over before you know it.
Cinnamon Chip Mocha Milkshake
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brewed and cooled coffee
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- Add the first four ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth. Add cinnamon chips and blend for just 5 to 10 seconds more, until the chips are broken up and distributed throughout the milkshake. Pour into a large cup with a wide straw and enjoy!