This eggless cookie dough is quickly fried in an egg roll wrapper then served warm with ice cream and syrups. An easy stove-top dessert during hot summer months!
I first made cookie dough egg rolls YEARS ago. Here's how the story goes. I ate my first cookie dough egg roll during college at a small local bistro in Nashville. After I married and moved to Chicago, I could not stop thinking about them! So, I recreated the recipe and started making them at home.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ingredients for this Recipe
This recipe whips up an eggless chocolate chip cookie dough, sealed it in an eggroll wrapper then flash fried in a skillet. I top mine with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream and finish it off with a drizzle of caramel and hot fudge sauces. Can somebody give me an "A-men!?" Gather these ingredients:
Grocery List for Cookie Dough Egg Rolls:
- Unsalted butter (½ cup)
- Brown sugar (½ cup)
- Granulated sugar (¼ cup)
- All-purpose flour (1 cup)
- Vanilla (1 tsp)
- Chocolate chips (¾ cup)
- Egg roll wrappers (6 ct.)
- Veggie oil (for frying)
- Chocolate syrup (or hot fudge sauce)
- Caramel syrup (optional)
How to make cookie dough egg rolls:
It's super easy...just take a look at the photo tutorial:
- Mix cookie dough ingredients in a mixing bowl until dough forms.
- Place scoopful of cookie dough in center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Brush edges of wrapper with water and seal around cookie dough.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Fry egg rolls for about 10 seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve warm with ice cream and syrups.
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
Other cookie dough flavors. You can use any eggless cookie dough recipe, but chocolate chip is my favorite!
Finger food version. Try making smaller appetizer sized desserts with wonton wrappers. I've never tried it, but I can visualize this finger food variation dunked in your favorite dessert sauce.
Endless toppings. Don't limit yourself to only chocolate and caramel syrups! Add your favorite ice cream sundae toppings like sprinkles, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, a cherry!
Recipes to serve with this dessert
Cookie Dough Egg Rolls
- ½ cup unsalted butter , melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil , for frying
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel and hot fudge ice cream toppings
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Position the egg roll wrappers on a flat, clean surface. Divide cookie dough into six equal portions. Place one portion in the center of a wrapper. Brush edges with water. Roll one corner up over the dough, then fold up the side corners before rolling the rest of the way and seal. Repeat with remaining dough and wrappers.
- Heat about a ½-inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. When hot, fry egg rolls two or three at a time for about 10 seconds on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately on individual plates with vanilla ice cream topped with caramel and hot fudge sauces.
This recipe was originally published September 27, 2011 and updated July 15, 2020.
Hungry for more?
Sign up to receive an email each time I have a new recipe or
follow me on Instagram or Facebook for behind the scenes!