These Easy Peanut Butter Protein Bars are no-bake and contain only four simple ingredients. A great snack to boost your energy and serve a source of protein!
Almost exactly one year ago, my sister-in-law introduced me to these peanut butter protein bars. I was immediately intrigued when she told me how fast they were to make and that they were a healthy snack option to keep you filled and energized in between meals. They actually taste good and are not chalky!
You use only 4 ingredients and they come together within 5 minutes, although there is a 1 hour chilling time before you can actually eat them. The chilling time is only to firm up the bars quickly. Otherwise, they store on the counter at room temperature. I just keep them in the pan, cut into bars, ready to uncover and grab a quick snack when the craving strikes.
The original recipe instructs to use a 9x9-inch square pan, however, I typically use my 7x11-inch as I do not own a 9x9-inch. (I know, how do I not have one?!) I've included both dimensions in my version below. Either way, you cut into 12 bars for 12 servings.
I hope you love these as much as we do!
A few items that might help you with this recipe:
Pyrex Baking Pan (I use the smaller 7x11 of this set, which comes with a very hand 9x13 that I use all the time for other recipes)
Parchment Paper (you can also find this at any grocery store, or use wax paper)
Microwave Safe Bowl (I love love love my Pampered Chef batter bowls)
Easy Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- Line a 9x9-inch or 7x11-in pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter and honey on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Place bowl back in the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir again. Mix in the oats and protein powder until combined. Immediately spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from the fridge and cut into 12 bars. Cover and store on the counter at room temperature for up to 1 week. (I just store mine in the same pan with a lid.)
Pin this image to save to your favorite recipe board.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy: