These easy peanut butter protein bars are no-bake and contain only four simple ingredients. A great workout snack to boost your energy!
Years ago, my sister-in-law introduced me to these peanut butter protein bars. I was immediately intrigued when she said they're fast and easy. A healthy snack option to keep you filled and energized in between meals. They actually taste good and are not chalky!
Homemade Protein Bars
Whenever I try store-bought protein bars, I think they taste way too chalky and lack flavor. That's one of the main reasons I love this homemade version. It's NOT chalky at all!
Use only 4 ingredients from the pantry: peanut butter, oatmeal, whey protein and honey. Although there is a 1 hour chilling time to firm the bars before you can actually eat these, the mixture whips together within 5 minutes.
Try mixing in your favorite chocolate chips, nuts, or flax or chia seeds.
You can use maple syrup or agave instead of honey!
Some have tried this with almond butter or another nut butter. I haven't tested these, but give it a whirl!
Sprinkle each bar with a tiny speck of sea salt if you wish!
The chilling time in the refrigerator is only to firm up the bars quickly. Otherwise, these protein bars store on the counter in an airtight container at room temperature. I actually just keep them in the pan and cut a slice when the craving strikes. I have never tried storing these in the freezer.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Many of you told me you made these into cookie dough protein balls. This is a great idea! Take the mixture, and roll into 2-inch balls. Store them in the fridge so they keep their shape. Try mixing mini chocolate chips or your favorite nuts into the batter before you roll them.
I hope you love these as much as we do!
Pyrex Baking Pan (I use the smaller 7x11 of this set, which comes with a very hand 9x13 that I use all the time for other recipes)
Parchment Paper (you can also find this at any grocery store, or use wax paper)
Microwave Safe Bowl (8 cup size or 2 quart)
Made This Recipe?
Made it and liked it? Leave a star rating, take a photo and tag me on social media @seededtable so I can share it!
This recipe was originally published March 2016.
Easy Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- Line a 9x9-inch or 7x11-in pan with parchment paper.
- In an 8-cup microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter and honey on high for 30 seconds; stir. Place bowl back in the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir again. Mix in the oats and protein powder until combined. Immediately spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from the fridge and cut into 12 bars. Cover and store on the counter at room temperature for up to 1 week. (I just store mine in the same pan with a lid.)
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.
- You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge, but room temperature is fine.
- Try rolling mixture into dough balls for a different variation.
- Mix in your favorite mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts.