Using quick and easy ingredients like a jar of Ragú® Sauce, we're bringing a "Saucesome" dinner to you in less than 30 minutes with this Family Favorite Chili Mac recipe served right from your skillet.
As the title of my blog suggests, I have a passion for feeding my family and others around our table. Once Simon started walking, this started to be a bit more challenging as he demanded more of my time. Mealtime all of a sudden became take-out Taco Tuesday, Chick-fil-a family night, free kids meals at Dickie's BBQ, with only a few homemade meals here and there.
As hard working mamas (whether you are employed full-time or stay at home with your kiddos), it can be very challenging to find the motivation or the energy/time to make dinner for your family. I find it is very difficult! But, if you can figure out a way to make it happen, it is so much more rewarding than having take-out or eating out so often. That's why I've been turning to quick recipes with easy ingredients lately. I'm not above using a can of this or a jar of that if it means enjoying a home-cooked meal around my dinner table.
This is one of our Saucesome family favorites inspired by a classic Ragú® recipe that is so easily made with just a few simple pantry staples. I use a jar of Ragú® because Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce has a delicious taste your whole family will love.
It's easy to open the jar and pour it right in to a mixture of other tasty ingredients, like cooked ground beef, noodles, cheese, corn and a few additional spices.
With easy recipes like this one, we get to sit around our table as a family and enjoy one another. I can throw this quick dish together and still give Simon the attention he needs.
I will admit, though, when we do eat such a Saucesome meal, Simon's high chair gets shoved a little farther from the table in an effort to keep the sauce off the light-colored rug. Are we the only parents who do this? 😉
Visit ragusweeps.com for a chance to win a variety of #Saucesome prizes. For more recipe inspiration, visit Ragú on Pinterest and Facebook. Check out Ragú on Twitter @RaguSauce and #Saucesome.
Family Favorite Chili Mac
- 8 oz macaroni
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with chili seasoning
- 15.25 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions , for garnish
- Cook and drain the macaroni according to the package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium heat. Drain excess grease. Stir in the Ragú sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, cover and reduce to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked macaroni and 1 cup of the cheese until melted and heated through. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over top, heat on low until melted. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply