Get these Garlic Cheese Bites into the oven within 10 minutes and only 3 ingredients. These gooey and cheesy bread rolls are the perfect easy appetizer for pizza night or any party!
My family loves cheesy bread rolls. We especially love these Garlic Cheese Bites with our pizza or spaghetti dinners. They come together quickly and easily by using refrigerated pizza dough and packages of mozzarella string cheese.
Freezer Friendly Bread Bites
These Garlic Cheese Bites are freezer friendly. If you need to make them ahead of time, go through all of the steps, including baking. Let them cool to room temperature then transfer to a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
How to Make Garlic Cheese Bites
I use refrigerated pizza dough to make my cheesy bread bites. Some people like to use biscuit dough, but biscuit dough doesn't satisfy my pizza dough craving. Biscuit dough is great for frying donuts, or making biscuits. 🙂 But, for Garlic Cheese Bites I need it to be pizza dough.
Roll out the pizza dough and use your pizza cutter to slice 1-inch sections. Cut the string cheese sticks in six cubes and roll each cheese cube into a strip of dough. Place in a mini muffin pan and top with Parmesan. Bake for just 15 minutes -- and, voila! You've got yummy, cheesy garlicky bread bites! Serve them with a dipping sauce like marinara.
The Perfect Party Appetizer
Add this Garlic Cheese Bites recipe to your list for your next party. How about the upcoming Super Bowl?
Garlic Cheese Bites
- 1 13.8 oz. can refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- garlic salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24-cup mini muffin pan with oil.
- Roll pizza dough to a 12x10-inch rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to slice rectangle in half horizontally. Cut each half into 12 (1-inch) slices to make 24 pieces.
- Chop each mozzarella stick into 6 equal pieces to make 24 cheese cubes. Roll each cheese cube into a strip of dough. Pinch the sides shut and place in prepared muffin pan. Turn to coat with oil.
- Sprinkle tops of dough with garlic salt, to taste, and a pinch of grated Parmesan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer cheese bites to serving platter. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.