This no-bake dessert includes crushed Oreo cookies, layered with chocolate pudding and whipped cream. An Oreo pudding dessert we all grew up with and love.
I'll admit it. I'm a weary mom. Who isn't? My kids are at the age where they need my attention just about every second of my life. Some days I love it. Other days I hate it. Does this make me a bad mom? Of course not!
I thought that when Judah started preschool this year, that I would have more time to get my own work done. But, guess what? Simon started crawling. Changed everything! So, instead of being able to lay him down with his toys while I write a few articles, edit a couple of photos and brainstorm some recipes, I am now laying on the floor with him, making sure he doesn't scoot on over to grab something that will be harmful to him.
Sure, his Jumperoo keeps him busy for a few minutes, and he can be contained in his bouncer or swing for a portion of the time, but when my focus is broken, it is hard to regain it. My work time during the week is now limited to the quick 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap he takes while Judah's in school two days a week, then that's about it! (Which is why I started him in Mom's Day Out at Judah's school last Thursday.)
So, stay at home moms who have a job or hobby on the side - how do you find time?? In addition to playing with your kids, how do you find time to:
- clean your home,
- do your hobbies,
- read a book,
- serve in your church,
- browse on Pinterest,
- post on Facebook,
- get your work done (in my case, this little blog of mine),
- volunteer in your community,
- stay up to date with current fashions,
- watch your favorite TV shows,
- keep in touch with your friends and family, etc. etc. etc.
Can you tell I want to have my cake and eat it, too? 😉
How about an Oreo pudding dessert instead? This is one of my favorite desserts of all time, including my childhood years. I'm willing to bet most of you have had this heavenly dessert at one time or another. Easy to layer together, no baking required, but you must have people to share it with.
Layered Oreo Pudding Dessert
- 1 (14.3 oz.) package regular Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 oz each) chocolate instant pudding mix (generic brand is fine)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place all of the Oreo cookies into a large zipper sealed bag. Seal and lay flat on the counter. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies in the bag.
- Reserve a heaping 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies then transfer the rest into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Melt the butter and pour it into the pan with the crush cookies. Toss to coat. Press the buttered Oreos to line the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the milk into a large mixing bowl, then whisk in all of the pudding mix until well combined. Cool in the fridge to thicken until ready to use.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir in half of the Cool Whip. Evenly spread over top the Oreo crust.
- Remove the pudding from the fridge and layer over the cream cheese mixture. Top with the other half of the Cool Whip, then sprinkle with the reserved 1/2 cup crushed Oreos.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Best served within 2 days. Store in the refrigerator.