This turkey pot pie is a comforting no-fuss dinner recipe using leftover Thanksgiving turkey and other simple ingredients.
Click here to PIN this turkey pot pie recipe!
We always look forward to leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Ben enjoys a simple cold turkey sandwich with mayo, lettuce and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. I like to chop up some of that turkey and bake it in an easy refrigerated pie crust with veggies and turkey gravy for a comforting turkey pot pie. It's an easy dinner recipe that I know my family will devour.
📋 Grocery List
The best part of this recipe, besides it's creamy delicious comfort indwelling flavor, is that you can change it up to whatever ingredients you might have on hand. If you have other Thanksgiving leftovers like carrots, green beans, potatoes and stuffing, you can use all of those in this pot pie. Even though the recipe is written to assume you do not have these other leftovers, feel free to change it up!
Gather these ingredients:
- Refrigerated pie crust (box of 2 crusts)
- Turkey leftovers (2 cups chopped)
- Frozen mixed veggies like peas, corn, carrots (2 cups)
- Turkey gravy (2 cups)
- Diced frozen potatoes (1 ½ cups)
- Egg + water (for egg wash)
Again, feel free to mix up the ingredients to what you might already have on hand or to other vegetables you like better. Don't like peas? Leave them out! Want green beans? Toss them in! Have leftover potatoes? Chop them up and use them instead of frozen ones. The sky is the limit here. We've even added in leftover stuffing.
🦃 How to Make Turkey Pot Pie
Remember, this is a no-fuss meal so make sure it stays that way by using refrigerated pie crusts. They are just as good, if not better, than homemade! It makes this recipe comes together so very easily!
- Layer one pie crust in the bottom of a deep 10-inch pie plate. (If you don't have a pie plate, use a round cake pan or square casserole dish.)
- Add turkey, veggies, potatoes and gravy. Lightly toss to evenly combine.
- Layer with second pie crust and cut a slit on top. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 45 to 55 minutes until bubbly and pie crust is golden.
Let the pie set for 10 minutes out of the oven before slicing into it. Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
🥧 Other Pot Pie Recipes
PRINT this recipe or PIN it to save for later. Made this recipe? Leave a star rating and tag me on social media @seededtable so I can see. I love hearing from you!
Turkey Pot Pie
- pie plate
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts , thawed
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 cup diced potatoes (frozen, fresh or thawed)
- 2 cups turkey gravy
- Salt and pepper , to taste
For egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 10-inch pie plate with one pie crust. Layer with turkey, veggies and potatoes, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper. Pour gravy evenly over top and lightly toss. Top with second pie crust and gently slice an 'X' in the center. Combine egg and water and brush over top pie crust.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.
Leave a Reply