This Mediterranean Wrap provides a healthy and fast lunch with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, leafy greens and other fresh ingredients topped with a sprinkling of feta cheese.
Earlier this year, when I was in Orlando, I fell in love. In fact, it was love at first bite. I'm talking about the Mediterranean wrap I ate at Au Bon Pain in the Orlando airport. I ordered it for lunch when I arrived at the airport, and I ordered it again when I was leaving a few days later. Immediately, I knew I had to recreate it at home and here it is.
If you like biting through a soft tortilla or flatbread, into a mouthful of flavor, then you will absolutely love this. The wrap is filled with fresh ingredients and a zingy pesto, then finished off with a sprinkle of my favorite...feta cheese. And, if you have all of the ingredients on hand, you can easily put this together for a fast lunch or healthy dinner, within minutes.
- 4 soft tortillas or flatbread (I use sun-dried tomato flavored flatbread)
- Sun-dried tomato pesto
- Field greens (lettuce)
- ¼ seedless cucumber , diced
- Grape or cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- Kalamata olives , sliced in half
- Roasted red pepper strips (from a jar)
- Feta cheese , crumbled
- Lay the tortilla or flatbread on a clean counter. Spread about a tablespoon of sun-dried tomato pesto over the surface of the bread, leaving about a ½-inch at the edges. Repeat with a tablespoon or two of the hummus. Top with a small handful of field greens, followed by an even layer of the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, roasted peppers and finally the feta cheese. Tightly roll the wrap and lightly press to secure. Carefully slice in half with a slightly diagonal cut. Repeat with the remaining bread and ingredients. Serve immediately.