This simple and tasty oven baked ham recipe with a homemade brown sugar pineapple glaze is perfect for family dinners or holidays!
We love ham during the holidays, including Easter holiday. Nothing beats having leftovers for cold sandwiches, too! Consider this glazed oven baked ham recipe for your dinner table. It is wonderfully glazed with a combination of brown sugar, Dijon mustard and pineapple juice.
This comes together so easily. I buy a precooked ham, bone-in and spiral sliced — about 8 lb. Bake it at 275°F for 15 minutes per pound. The trick is to not over bake it, so don’t round up!
When there is about 45 minutes of baking time left, I pull the ham out of the oven and spread about half of the glaze mixture around the outside of it then return it back to the oven (covered). Then, the last 10 minutes of baking, I remove the ham again and add the rest of the glaze. Finish the last 10 minutes uncovered in the oven and — voila! — a beautifully glazed ham!
Enjoy this ham hot, or cut the slices and store in the fridge to serve cold on sandwiches. YUM!
Oven Baked Ham with Homemade Glaze
- 8 lb fully-cooked spiral sliced ham bone-in
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Adjust rack to lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line roasting pan with foil and lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- Place ham flat/cut side down in roasting pan. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl combine the brown sugar, pineapple juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- When 45 minutes of baking time is left, remove the pan from the oven and uncover the ham. Spread about half of the glaze mixture around the spiral sides of the ham. Recover tightly and return to the oven.
- When 10 minutes baking time is left, remove the ham from the oven again and carefully turn the ham on its side. Spread the remaining glaze mixture on top of the ham. Return to the oven, uncovered, for the remaining 10 minutes.